Detoxification is the first step in the journey to an addiction-free life. The Right Step drug and alcohol rehab center offers medically supervised detox for alcohol and drug abusers at our medical drug detox centers in TX. Therefore, substance abuse clients who detox at The Right Step are supported by experienced medical professionals.
Medical Drug Detox Centers
When someone is addicted to a drug, they often become physically dependent on that drug. Physical dependency means that when they stop taking the drug, they have withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms range in type and severity. Some drugs cause mild symptoms, such as agitation or irritation. Others can cause serious symptoms, like severe dehydration and seizures. Therefore, medical detox increases the chances of a successful recovery.
When you require a medical detox center for a drug, it is because physical dependency changes brain or body function. These changes mean an addict relies on the drug to function normally. If they stop taking it, they may risk serious side effects. If an addict is at risk of serious withdrawal symptoms, medical supervision can help them detox in safety.
What Drugs Need Supervised Detox?
Not all drug addictions require medical detox in a drug rehab center program in Texas. The drugs that are most likely to need medically supervised detox include:
- Alcohol: Long-term or heavy alcohol abuse changes brain chemistry to the extent that alcohol withdrawal may cause serious seizures.
- Benzodiazepines: Withdrawal typically isn’t physically dangerous but it can cause mental health symptoms such as insomnia, anxiety, panic, and depression. In medical detox, benzo addicts decrease their dose over time to reduce withdrawal symptoms.
- Heroin: A heroin addict in withdrawal may have repeated bouts of vomiting and diarrhea. They risk severe dehydration that can result in heart failure.
- Prescription opioids: The risk of dehydration exists, and cravings may lead an opioid addict to relapse.
Not every addict needs medical detox. But for most, it is the safest way to complete a withdrawal. Even when an unsupervised withdrawal is safe, going through detox at a medical drug detox center can still be useful. When you are supervised during detox, you are much less likely to relapse. Medical professionals can also prescribe medications that reduce cravings and other symptoms.
Inpatient Detox at The Right Step
The Right Step offers a comfortable, home-like setting that can help make detox smoother. Our onsite medical team provides expert inpatient detox services. These include round-the-clock monitoring and modern, evidence-based medications so you can relieve your withdrawal symptoms.
Detox with Medication
Several different drugs can be used at medical drug detox centers in TX. They help people undergoing heroin or alcohol withdrawal. After detox, they can help you stay sober.
- Methadone helps heroin and opioid addicts maintain long-term sobriety. It can also ease withdrawal symptoms.
- Buprenorphine relieves opioid cravings and can reduce alcohol cravings too.
- Naltrexone reduces opioid and alcohol cravings and can reduce the risk of relapse.
- Benzodiazepines are sometimes used to help ease withdrawal for alcohol addicts. Because benzos can be addictive, they are used sparingly.
After completing drug and alcohol detox, your treatment team plans your next level of care. When possible, drug rehab treatment starts during this phase. Depending on your needs, this may involve an individual therapy program, a group therapy program, or completing assignments and tasks to help you on your journey.
The Right Step offers both an inpatient and outpatient drug rehab center program in Texas. We also offer support for co-occurring disorders. This helps us give each client the level of care that’s best for them. After completing medical detox, clients can start a recovery program that:
- Highlights core issues that lead to addiction
- Includes evidence-based treatments
- Emphasizes physical and mental health
- Includes a focus on family
- Provides support for long-term relapse prevention
Start Your Detox on the Right Foot
At The Right Step, we know that both addiction and recovery can be difficult. Many of our staff have had their own personal battles with alcohol and drug abuse and overcome them. Along with an expert level of care, they bring compassion and understanding for clients in detox and recovery.
If you think you might benefit from medical drug detox centers in TX, contact us today. We are ready to help you start your journey to recovery. Call us today at 713.528.3709 so you can change your life.
The Right Step Editorial Staff
Contact our Texas center today for more information on our treatment programs.
Contact our Texas center today for more information on our treatment pro