It’s a big deal when an addiction sufferer steps forward and asks for help. For their best health, it’s essential that each and every person seeking treatment has access to a comfortable treatment environment. That’s one of the reasons there are rehab facilities that offer addiction help for men only through gender-specific programs. Of course, it’s not for the exclusion of anyone else. Instead, it’s about providing men with a substance abuse treatment option that suits their personal needs.
Why Men Might Prefer a Gender-Specific Program
The way men and women interact in society is quite different. No matter how far we go with equality, society will always judge men by their strength and confidence. Meanwhile, society views women in terms of their character and morality.
The stigma men carry creates a problem for any male who finds themselves dealing with an addiction. The presumption is their addiction is a sign of inherent weakness. There’s a further presumption they are unreliable. While these might not be fair assessments, it’s how things are today. Because of the circumstance and unique needs of men, it’s wise for a rehab to offer gender-specific addiction help for men.
The last thing any rehab facility wants is to place a client in an environment that’s not comfortable. If distracted or intimidated by the environment, it’s unlikely the client is going to get what they need from treatment. In all fairness, that applies to both men and women.
The Benefits of Gender-Specific Addiction Help for Men
It only makes sense to offer an addiction treatment option if it provides specific benefits to clients. In the case of a men’s rehab, the environment creates certain benefits that simply would not exist in a coed drug addiction treatment program. The list of benefits include:
- The opportunity for clients with very similar circumstances to interact with one another
- Removing the possibility of sexual tensions with the opposite sex
- The opportunity for our rehab centers to create a physical environment that will appeal specifically to men
- The opportunity for therapists to build treatment programs that target the needs of men in today’s society
- The ability of clients to build same-sex friendships that could serve as support resources in the future
- Creates an atmosphere where men are more likely to open up in group sessions without fear of judgment from the opposite sex
The Right Step is the Right Step
The Right Step treatment facility in Houston, TX, is one of the most reputable men’s rehab centers in Texas. However, we offer much more than a men’s program alone and can treat a broader range of clientele. At all times, our priority is creating a custom and effective treatment program for each client. For example, our services include:
- In-house detox programs
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Outpatient and intensive outpatient care
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- 12 Step program
- Aftercare and alumni programs
You have the right to seek help in an environment that gives you the best chance for a full recovery. The Right Step has what you need. For more information, please call us at 17135283709.