Alcohol misuse is a serious health condition that requires targeted medical intervention. For folks in need of rehab, alcohol inpatient treatment services are usually recommended, although outpatient programs are sometimes offered as an alternative. Inpatient alcohol rehab is considered the gold standard in the treatment industry. Still, if you or your loved one is in need of rehab services, you should analyze your options thoroughly before making a final decision. Inpatient rehab has strengths and weaknesses, and you should consider them as you contemplate your next move.
If you or a loved one is struggling with alcohol misuse, The Right Step offers inpatient alcohol addiction treatment that can help. Contact us at 17135283709 to learn more about our programs and how we can help you or your loved one reclaim your health and well-being.
The Advantages of Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
As a 24-hour, fully supervised option for rehab, alcohol inpatient programs offer the highest level of protection from the ravages of addiction and the temptations that might undermine recovery. During inpatient treatment getting clean and sober becomes the equivalent of a full-time job, and the patient is provided with everything they need to get the job done right. While enrolled in inpatient rehab, distractions are eliminated. A mindset devoted to recovery is cultivated and reinforced through medical detox, daily individual, group, and family therapy, educational offerings, and holistic healing practices that emphasize sustainable wellness. For 30-90 days, the recovering alcoholic can concentrate entirely on their healing in an environment where others are focused on fulfilling the same mission.
The benefits of inpatient alcohol rehab include the following:
1. Treatment without distractions – Inpatient rehab programs are designed to be distraction-free, allowing patients to concentrate fully on their recovery. This eliminates temptations and the potential for relapse that might otherwise arise out of a lack of focus or a weakened resolve.
2. Medical detoxification – Recovering alcoholics requires professional medical attention at the outset of their treatment as they go through the sometimes painful process of withdrawal. Inpatient rehab programs offer access to 24-hour medical monitoring of physical symptoms and emotional well-being during detox, which can be essential for long-term success.
3. Individualized care – Inpatient alcohol rehab allows patients to work with a dedicated team of addiction specialists who can design a program to suit their unique needs. The size and scope of the patient’s treatment plan are determined by the patient and the team, ensuring that all elements of care – medical, emotional, mental, and spiritual – are covered in an integrated fashion with full buy-in from the patient.
4. Multifaceted support – Recovering alcoholics benefit from a full spectrum of care, which inpatient programs make possible. This includes individual and group therapy to develop self-awareness, communication skills, and disequilibrium management strategies; educational offerings that provide information about the nature and impact of alcoholism on the body, mind, and spirit; holistic healing practices like yoga and meditation that help patients build a sustainable wellness foundation; and family therapy that allows loved ones identify their role in the recovery process.
5. Better long-term outcomes – According to numerous studies, those who complete an alcohol inpatient program have much better long-term success rates than those who do not. But it is important to note that most patients who enter inpatient rehab do not complete their program. That is why patients who choose alcohol inpatient programs must be ready and willing to adhere strictly to the terms of their treatment, or they risk failing to achieve their long-term recovery goals.
There is a lot more to learn about inpatient alcohol rehab programs, so if you want further reading, check out some of the other articles on our website. And if you are dealing with alcohol addiction and feel ready to seek help, please don’t hesitate to reach out to a trusted treatment provider or us for guidance and support. They will be able to help you find the right inpatient rehab program for your needs and guide you toward recovery.
The Disadvantages of Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
There are also drawbacks of inpatient alcohol rehab. The intensity and single-mindedness of inpatient rehab can help energize recovery from alcohol abuse, but the demands it places on patients can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Even if family therapy is included, inpatient rehab can be lonely. It takes alcohol-dependent folks away from their loved ones at a time when they’re feeling lost and vulnerable. This can be especially stressful if there are young children involved or if other family members are experiencing serious personal or health problems that require support and attention. Inpatient rehab also removes patients from their jobs, school, work, and other critical life responsibilities, which may be another source of worry and concern. Focusing entirely on recovery is excellent in theory, but in reality, it can create difficulties that undermine a commitment to sobriety.
Discover Inpatient Treatment at The Right Step
It isn’t easy to leave home for a month, or even two or three months, as folks in inpatient alcohol rehab programs, are required to do. But unless complicating factors are especially urgent, inpatient treatment programs are the preferred choice in most cases. A person’s capacity for work and the ability to care for their family are severely compromised by alcohol abuse, and inpatient treatment programs generally offer the best chance for a lasting recovery. Outpatient treatment programs can work, but the outcomes often aren’t quite as good for most people suffering from a severe alcohol use disorder.
Contact us at 17135283709 to learn more about our inpatient alcohol rehab programs. Our treatment professionals can help you decide if an inpatient program is suitable for your recovery needs, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the process. With our support and guidance, we’re confident you will succeed in your recovery journey.